You can participate in this ministry by partnering with us in prayer, because this is a spiritual endeavor, and by partnering with us financially. Thank you for your participation in this Gospel ministry.
Our mission agency (GMI) requires the following before we can leave for the field:
• 100% commitment of our monthly budget.
• 100% of outgoing funds in our GMI account (which includes 4 months of monthly support)
Our Monthly Supporter Team provides for the following: Language Training, Living Expenses, Vehicle Expenses, Medical Expenses, Clothing, Ministry Expenses, Furlough Savings, and more.
One-time Gifts provide for the following: Shipping Container, Plane Tickets to France & Madagascar, a 4×4 Vehicle, and four months of monthly support in our account (required by our mission agency as a safety reserve).
Partner with us financially (all gifts are tax-deductible and 100% of donations are used for our ministry). Here is how:
1. Credit Card Donation Online (one-time or recurring)
Make a one-time or recurring credit card donation by filling out the form at the bottom of our GMI web page. Type in an amount to give, then click the “+ Add to Giving” button, then on the next screen you can either create a new account or click the button at the bottom to “proceed as Guest”. Enter your credit card billing information, then click the “Submit Payment” button. Thank you!
2. Setup a Direct Deposit to Give Automatically
To set up a monthly direct deposit, print this form and follow its instructions (Use missionary/project “Ellingson – Madagascar, #080507“). GMI Direct Deposit benefits you because there is no check writing, no postage costs, easy to track donations, and it’s easy to start, change, or stop. This method benefits us as missionaries because donations do not get delayed, lost in the mail, or accidentally forgotten. Since credit cards expire, donations can stop unexpectedly. But direct deposits stabilize our support and allow us to stay focused on ministry.
3. Mail in a Check:
- Send a check payable to: Grace Ministries International
- Write on the memo line: Ellingson – Madagascar, #080507
- Then, send check to:
Grace Ministries International
13248 Roscoe Blvd.
Sun Valley, CA 91352
4. Setup Bill Pay through Your Bank
- Contact your bank and set up an online monthly payment to “Grace Ministries International“, 13248 Roscoe Blvd, Sun Valley, CA 91352 – be sure to include “Ellingson – Madagascar” in the memo or reference field.
The cost of living in Madagascar
For missionaries, life in Madagascar is more expensive than many expect because of the following factors:
- In Madagascar, you are either considered rich or you are in poverty. This means that most things are very expensive for anyone not in poverty because there is a smaller market segment who can afford them. Items such as electricity, water, gasoline, vehicles, internet, appliances, furniture, and even some foods cost much more than they would in America.
- Madagascar is an island, which means it’s very expensive to buy anything imported. Gasoline, for example, costs about $6/gallon.
- There are additional expenses for language tutors, ministry expenses, and international healthcare for our family.
Though it’s expensive to send a family to Madagascar for long-term ministry, foreign missions is the means that our wise God has ordained to spread the fame of Christ’s Name through every nation (Matthew 28:18–20). The Lion from the tribe of Judah, the Slain Lamb, is infinitely worthy of the praise of every tribe, tongue, and people (Revelation 5:1–10). May He receive the full reward of His suffering!
The need to start the work in Madagascar is urgent. Because the churches lack discernment and training, there is a constant threat of false doctrine and false teachers. Believers there are hungry for the truth and are eager for training in sound doctrine. Pray that the Lord will send out laborers into His harvest (Luke 10:2).
Thank you joining us in this Gospel ministry!
For His Glory,
David and Ashley Ellingson